Thursday 11 October 2012

Day (30-something).... Blown Away By a Stranger

I've been blown away by many things this month. Weight loss, 6 packs, total body transformations and each and every time I have loved it. Tonight however I was blown away and I was not happy Jan, not happy at all. Like usual allow me to take you on a journey and paint the entire picture.


Like two kids with ADHD unable to just sit at home and taper for the marathon this weekend we took ourselves off to the local swimming pool for a quick dip and some relaxation time. Since another local pool closed down recently, there are now twice as many bodies weeing in the same amount of water and more beady eyes on the squad teams also trying to work out if they are old enough to perve on yet. 

ANYWAY... One of the joys of this overly full facility or should I say WAS one of the FORMER joys is/was the Sauna. A nice hot room, silent and total chill time. I'm down with sitting half naked and sweaty in a small room with 6 people in it who I have only just met. I don't even care if I see dimpled bum cheeks, butt crack due to see through bathers, it's all good. But I'll tell you something I'm NOT down with my dear friends is my new sweaty naked friend DROPPING HIS GUTS in this small sweat sack of a room and in turn blowing me away! What self respecting person just openly lets one rip in such an awkward manner! Maybe he was simply being strategic and trying to clear the room??


While my dear running buddy was able to keep game face, I indeed lost my mind, cracked up laughing and could not stop. What made it even funnier was the disgusted look on the man sitting next to gary gut dropper stormed out in disgust. Now I know toilet humour isn't everyones cup of tea but this even had me killing myself and I guess you could say gasping for air.

A little off topic but I guess it's all part of the challenge hey! Anyhow, marathon this weekend and another cheat meal. I kind of feel like I have been cheating already though, having carbs and fruit etc in the lead up to the big run. I've got to the stage now though where I don't even want the cheat meal. There is nothing that I'm craving, and all I think about is that 'what's the point of taking a backwards step.' That said, if you put a chicken parma in front of me I'm sure it would be a different story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment