Wednesday 3 October 2012

Day 31- Twinning with J Hawkins

Something a little bit shocking happened this morning. Come on the journey with me for 5 minutes (if you have better things to do like Shaun Micallef YouTube videos though I totes understand if you can't).

You know when your imagination paints a VERY clear picture of how something is going to be, look, feel, taste and then reality kicks you up the ass, with a heavy steal boot. Well, yes, I got a little love tap on the bot bot from reality this morning. It felt kind of like the period in time when I rocked around with Farrah Fawcett hair thinking my sh!t didn't stink, only to look back on pictures and think WTF... no seriously WTF was I thinking?!?! Your sh!t stunk and you looked like a hot mess.

So we are mid way through the craziness of the challenge and an email from up above (bootcamp head office, not jesus) suggested we take mid-way photos. Remember at the start of the challenge when my face was shock horror at the before pics. Well ladies and gentleman this cocky little number hit smug town WAY TO EARLY.


In my head there was an image going on of my mid way pics... looked something like this below, also these are the bathers I have spotted for this summer, back off they are mine. All women know that when you buy the bathers you will indeed look like the model who advertised the bathers. You can't blame me for thinking this though, it's common knowledge amongst us lady folk. With the 8 week challenge also came the promise of longer hair and the olive tan. Right? Half way through challenge roughly translates to top pic below. Right?
Don't worry I know what you are thinking, I thought it too. If you look closely you will be able to tell the difference. Jen Hawkins is the one on the beach. I'm pulling a selfie in the mirror with my iphone. Twins right?
WRONG! So freakin wrong.

And like the vain 20-something white girl that I am, I would like to add that this midway shot was AFTER my 5 gallon of fluid for breakfast. So yes, a little bit of progress but not what I had originally hoped for and a fair cry from the image in my head or JH rockin my bikini.

Reflection time maybe? And no not mirror reflection. Time to manage expectations perhaps? That 6 pack I ordered? OK so maybe it's not an express post delivery. Perhaps it's an out of stock item that I'm on a waiting list for and may take longer than the 8 weeks. But hell, I'm feeling great, still bossin' a positive attitude and seeing results in other areas. And let's face it. If my pics at the end of the 8 week challenge don't look like  J Hawkins pics, there is nothing a good 8 hour session on Photoshop wont fix. I've been practising already, just in case. Check out the spray tan, pedicure and abs. What do you think? Can't even tell right! 

More than happy to help out with other challengers pics if you get stuck just email them to me goddessofphotoshop@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment